L-1 Intracompany Transfer processing locations changed by USCIS

USCIS made this announcement today regarding the processing location for the L-1 Intracompany Transfer adjudications on forms I-129, I-539 and I-765. You can receive a free 10 minute telephone consultation by visiting CINA attorney Mark C. Daly‘s webpage.

From: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 11:24 AM

Subject: Workload Transfer from the Vermont Service Center to the California Service Center

USCIS recently began transferring certain casework from the Vermont Service Center (VSC) to the California Service Center (CSC) to balance workloads and decrease processing times. The CSC will now process some Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, for petitioners requesting L-1 Intracompany Transferee nonimmigrant classification; Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status, for the L-2 nonimmigrant classification; and  Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, for L-2 nonimmigrants applying for employment authorization.

How You Will Be Affected If We Transfer Your Case :

If we transfer your case, we will send you a transfer notice. Your original receipt number will not change, and the transfer will not delay the processing of your case. Please allow two weeks from the date of this notice before referring to the webpage for CSC processing times for your respective petition or application. Information regarding processing times can be found on the USCIS Processing Time Information page. If you do not receive a decision or notice by the dates provided in the processing times (once posted), you may contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) for a status update of the Form I-129 (if you are the I- 129 petitioner or authorized representative) or the Form I-539 and/or I-765 (if you are the I-539/I-765 applicant or authorized representative).

The filing location and instructions for these forms have not changed at this time. Please continue to file the forms at the address on the form instructions and on the USCIS website. If you want to upgrade your I-129 petition to premium processing, you must file Form I-907, Request for Premium Processing Service, along with the appropriate fee. Send your form to: For regular (non-courier) mail: For courier mail: USCIS USCIS California Service Center California Service Center ATTN: 1-129 24000 Avila Road P.O. Box 10825 2nd Floor, Room 2312 Laguna Niguel, CA 92607 Laguna Niguel, CA 92677 For more information on requests for premium processing services, please visit our Form I-907, Request for Premium Processing Service page.

How to Track the Status of Your Case Check your case status online by entering your receipt number. You can also sign up to receive automatic case status updates by email. If you do not receive a decision within the published processing times, you may contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 800-375-5283 (TTY 800-767-1833). When asking about your case status, please provide us with your receipt number and specify that your case was transferred to a new location. If we send you any notice (such as a Request for Evidence), please read it carefully and follow the instructions provided when responding. If you move while your case is pending, you must inform USCIS of your address change. You may file a change of address on our website or by calling the NCSC. It is important that you notify us of any address change as soon as possible, so that you continue to receive notifications from USCIS.

USCIS will not accept an application or petition prepared with an out of date and expired form. This error is fatal when you have a deadline to extend status or file for a new status because the error will cause you to miss the deadline and fall out of status!!! Yes, you can beg USCIS to accept a late filed form and plead with them to restore your status. However, by following these best practices you will avoid that extra uncertainty in your applications. Remember, USCIS might have an expired form posted on their website. They do make mistakes…….

1. ONLY USE FORMS PUBLISHED ON THE USCIS.GOV WEBSITE. Do not use form venders because they are notorious for letting their forms expire. Here is the link: https://www.uscis.gov/forms

2. SELECT FORM NUMBER AND REVIEW EDITION DATE. Here is an example of the I-130 forms information page with the expiration dates listed.

screen capture uscis forms 7-2-14


Here you can see the first Edition Date listed is 12/18/12. When you open up the form you can find the edition date at the bottom right corner of the first page:

screen capture uscis forms i-130 7-2-14

3. COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE FORM. You can now feel secure that your form will be properly accepted. You may also notice an expiration date at the top of the form. This is also helpful to determine if a new form will be coming out soon.

4. DOULBE CHECK BEFORE YOU MAIL OUT THE FORM!! If you experience a delay between preparing and submitting the form the form could expire. This is always standard practice in our office, so at the time we are making copies of the application we log on and double check the expiration date.




Mark Daly, 15 Years of Immigration Law

I am Mark Coleman Daly and I have been practicing immigration law for over 15 years. I founded Step By Step Immigration Forms to meet the needs of families who did not want to hire an attorney to get their green card or fiancée visa, but just needed a few important questions answered. Many immigrant families cannot afford to hire a law firm to handle their case, and they are worried about making critical mistakes on their applications. I have seen so many cases delayed and denied because of little mistakes on these tricky USCIS and Department of State immigration forms.
For the past 7 years I have been providing this 2 hour form and document review to US Citizens and immigrant around the world. I really enjoy helping immigrants get the highest value immigration law services for the lowest fee, and the feedback is overwhelmingly positive. I am also committed to bringing integrity and passion back to the legal profession and this service allows me to do just that.When we work together we have a real attorney-client confidential relationship and sign a written contract for services. You will receive 100% of my attention and if you are not satisfied I will refund your money. I work on any video conferencing platform you wish (Skype, Facetime, etc.) or by telephone. Check out What We Do or call me  or click here to schedule your 15 minute consultation for $87.

15 Minute Consultation ($87):
CALL 1-303-481-3494

Get Step-by-Step Help with
Your Fiancee or Marriage-Based Immigration
Case Forms: 2 Hours for $949